Commerce Server 10 now available
Commerce Server 10 lets you create multi-channel commerce applications and extend your business securely over the Internet or Intranet/Extranets. Alternatively, you can integrate Commerce Server into an existing e-business infrastructure.
Commerce Server provides a comprehensive solution for many business scenarios, including:
- Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible or digital goods or online service delivery.
- Business-to-business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement and trading communities.
- B2X scenarios, combining business-to-consumer (B2C) and B2B.
- Self service portals using catalogs or profiles for personalized information delivery.
- Hosted services where multiple site or application instances are deployed on a single set of physical infrastructure to handle either multi-brand or hosted ISP scenarios.
Each aspect of developing, deploying, managing, maintaining, and monitoring e-commerce sites is designed to help maximize security, minimize total cost of ownership, accelerate time to market, and simplify exchange of data with existing line-of-business (LOB) systems and trading partners.
You can create Web sites and native application experiences (such as mobile applications, kiosk applications, or Rich Interactive Applications) that can support millions of users and products off of the same technological foundation. With out-of-the-box functionality, you can quickly start interacting with the various systems and processes that help you to develop, manage, maintain, and help secure Commerce Server solutions.
The Commerce Server development platform and service oriented architecture make it easy to extend and repurpose Commerce Server functionality. Also, with multilingual and multicurrency support, supporting globalized solutions is easier than ever.
Commerce Server builds on the foundation of .NET products such as SQL Server and Visual Studio, and open XML standards to provide a comprehensive solution for creating, managing, and maintaining e-commerce sites and Web business applications.
Platform Scaling and Performance
Commerce Server was built and tested to support large enterprises and to be deployed in 99.9% availability customer environments. It was tested against the following criteria on commodity hardware:
- 10 million item catalogs
- 100,000 catalogs and virtual catalogs
- 60 million user profiles
- 220,000 orders/day (12 hour peak)
- Hosting support (100 active, 1,000 provisioned)